Friday, August 17, 2012

Media on terrorist attack



After reading about terrorism, especially from newspaper articles and news from electronic media, enables me to write something on terrorism and media.
First, it is important to know that what terrorism is. Some experts of international politics say that terrorism is a motivated violence, with the aim of destabilizing civil order and creating panic among people and government. What I feel about terrorism is that, the terrorism is an activity of killing innocent people to serve or secure special interest of someone or something. There are several kinds of terrorism such as, political terrorism, ethnic terrorism, state terrorism, religious terrorism and international terrorism. The activity of each such group is different with a common objective to secure and survive their interest at any cost.
There have been many terrorist attacks in India in last ten years; since 2000 there have been attacks every single year. There was an attack on Delhi high court on the 8th of august 2011. I was watching the news of that attack on TV. Every news channels was highlighting the same news. Their coverage was very horrible; the same was the case with print media. They were also showing the data that the certain number of people died in this attack and several people were injured. It also said that the Harakat-ul Jihad Islam (Huji) had accepted the responsibility of this attack. What do you think? Is it really true? If it is true than do you think our government will take any extreme reaction or step towards it, you will find the NO as an answer, this is not my view, and this is the view of the people whom I actually don’t know. On the evening of post-attack, when I went for a tea there were a many people having tea with this hot topic of the attack. Approximately 25 people were there, some of them are students, and all are blaming the government for the attack and saying that government should do this and that. They were also gave an example of USA and Israel; about how these countries deal with the terrorism, India should learn from them. In short all were against the government’s ability. What I personally feel is that this is the impact of media on the people. At same time there were many people are dying due to the state sponsored terrorism, the AFSPA in Kashmir is an important example of it, many women are raped by our own officials, innocent people and children are held responsible force fully for terrorist activity and they were killed with the label of terrorist. People are dying every day due to lack of bread and butter, poverty, healthcare facilities and domestic violence. People also not getting basic facilities to survive, farmers are committing suicide because of crop fail. I think media should produce this type of news more to make people able to understand, which real and more important problem is.
What I feel is that the state sponsored terrorism and the issues which I have mentioned above are more urgent. What do you think??? Please give your views and comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment